3.05.2017

Procycling: Dwars Door West-Vlaanderen


Silvan Dillier:
"I felt really strong today, and I really wanted to take my chance. I didn't hold anything back, and I was able to go with every move in the end. Van Emden and I were riding well together, but in the end, I think I could have played more of the game going into the final sprint.
I was already feeling good at Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne so now it is all about keeping this shape through the Classics season, and I am feeling really motivated to do that and do my best for the team."

Jos van Emden:
"I did not want the group to come back, so I took off. I had Dillier in my wheel and we worked well together until just before the finish. Then I started to play the game. Last Wednesday, I went for the win in Le Samyn, but had to accept defeat in the sprint. I thought, this isn’t going to happen here. I did not want to head into the sprint because my first kick is not that fast, but when I stood on the pedals to sprint, I felt strength in my legs and overtook the normally faster Dillier. It's always nice to win this way. It helps if you’ve already ridden some finals as I did last Wednesday in Le Samyn. You learn from it. I am now nine years professional and it's my third win in a classic. All the other victories, I achieved in time trials."

RESULTS
1 Jos Van Emden (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
2 Silvan Dillier (Swi) BMC Racing Team
3 Lasse Norman Hansen (Den) Aqua Blue Sport
4 Jasper De Buyst (Bel) Lotto Soudal
5 Guillaume Van Keirsbulck (Bel) Wanty - Groupe Gobert

No comments: