3.12.2017

Procycling: Tirreno-Adriatico 5 and Paris-Nice 8


Peter Sagan:
"I felt very bad today, but I am very happy for this win. It was looking like I wouldn’t be able to race tomorrow – all day it was full gas, with everyone attacking. I don't know if the other riders saw the profile? 
Rafal Majka was the guy who put his trust in me today. I said to him not to be stupid – that we'll go together, and if he had the legs he'd go. He worked for me and trusted my ability more than I did. I was actually dropped in the last climb, but just got back in the final kilometre. After that I did my best and am very happy with the victory."

Geraint Thomas:
"I felt pretty good. The team were good today. Just in the final I didn't quite expect the finish to be like that. I knew it was two corners and I wanted to lead into the penultimate one. But the road just went up, so I was caught out of position a bit. The legs are good, it's just a real shame about the TTT but there we go. I'm just racing for the stage win. The team were super strong today and we had a lot of guys there attacking and riding aggressively."

Lotto-Jumbo DS Jan Boven:
“We’d hoped, but certainly did not expect this from Roglic. A big compliment to the team, which worked great all day for Roglic on a difficult course. He once again rose in the standings. Now, it is important to hold on to it until the time trial on Tuesday and see how far he can go."

..................

Sergio Henao:
"This is the greatest victory in my career and to win it like this at the last metre of Paris Nice is simply unbelievable"

David De La Cruz:
“It’s a really nice victory. The plan was to go in the break, and once Alberto bridged over, I knew there was a strong chance this move will stick. It wasn’t until the final three kilometers, when I realized we still had a healthy gap on the chasers, that I began thinking of taking the victory. It was a tough day out there, I suffered a lot, but kept my composure on the descent and now I’m very happy. It’s one of the best days of my career”

Julian Alaphilippe:
“You can’t imagine how happy I am! It was another tough day from kilometer zero, but we had a good strategy, sending David in the front, while Dan and myself stayed with the GC contenders, keeping an eye on what was happening. David deserved to win, he did a great job for the team throughout the week, and I’m very happy for him. It’s been a fantastic race for Quick-Step Floors and I am very proud of what we have achieved. Race to the Sun”. 

Dan Martin:
“I couldn’t follow Alberto when he attacked, so from that moment on it was a case of dropping Sergio, which I did on Col d’Èze, but the others chased me back immediately. When I realized the GC victory was out of the question, I said in the radio that David should go and seeing him win this stage is really great. I am extremely happy for him, he gave everything this week for us and deserves to be there. Third in the general classification at such a big as Paris-Nice is an important result in my career, solid proof of how much I have developed since joining Quick-Step Floors, especially as I didn’t arrived here in the best condition. Finally, I am also satisfied and super glad to see the entire squad on the podium at the end of this race, as this fantastic team spirit is what brought us at the top”

Alberto Contador:
"On one hand I'm really happy because to do that in a final you need to be very, very strong. Everyone knew that I would attack because my team pulled hard for me. Then it's difficult to go alone when every other rider is looking to you." 

RESULTS
TIRRENO-ADRIATICO
STAGE
1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgrohe 5:00:05
2 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ
3 Primoz Roglic (Slo) LottoNl-Jumbo
4 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky
5 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek-Segafredo
6 Rigoberto Urán (Col) Cannondale-Drapac
7 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Sunweb
8 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team
9 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing
10 Simon Spilak (Slo) Katusha-Alpecin 0:00:06
GC
1 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 21:34:51
2 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ 0:00:50
3 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:01:06
4 Primoz Roglic (Slo) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 0:01:15
5 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Sunweb 0:01:19
6 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky 0:01:23
7 Rigoberto Urán (Col) Cannondale-Drapac 0:01:30
8 Jonathan Castroviejo (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:32
9 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek-Segafredo 0:01:37
10 Simon Spilak (Slo) Katusha-Alpecin 0:01:59
PARIS-NICE
STAGE
1 David de la Cruz (Spa) Quick-Step Floors 2:48:53
2 Alberto Contador (Spa) Trek-Segafredo
3 Marc Solar (Spa) Movistar 0:00:05
GC
1 Sergio Henao (Col) Team Sky 29:50:29
2 Alberto Contador (Spa) Trek-Segafredo 0:00:02
3 Daniel Martin (Irl) Quick-Step Floors 0:00:30
4 Gorka Izagirre (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:00
5 Julian Alaphilippe (Fra) Quick-Step Floors 0:01:22
6 Ilnur Zakarin (Rus) Katusha-Alpecin 0:01:34
7 Jon Izaguirre (Spa) Bahrain-Merida 0:01:41
8 Warren Barguil (Fra) Team Sunweb 0:04:07
9 Simon Yates (GBr) Orica-Scott 0:04:39
10 Richie Porte (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:14:26

No comments: