4.06.2017

Procycling - Both Mark Cavendish (DData) and Taylor Phinney (Cannondale-Drapac) wont start in Paris-Roubaix

Dimention Data Doctor Dr Jarrad Van Zuydam about Mark Cavendish:
"Mark sustained an overuse injury of his right ankle while competing at the Tirreno-Adriatico race. The injury was thought to be resolving but has unfortunately flared up again during training. Further investigation and treatment is necessary over the coming days to resolve the injury before Mark returns to racing. We are hopeful of a speedy recovery, though it would be premature to set a date for his return to racing at this stage."

Taylor Phinney:
“Until yesterday, I was feeling pretty optimistic about being able to ride Roubaix this weekend. I’d been feeling OK at the dinner table and hanging out. But then yesterday was my first ride outside. I started riding at got a little bit of a headache. Then it went away and I thought, ‘ok, I’ll be fine.’ But then it came back and I started experiencing some emotional ups and down that reminded me of the last concussion I had. I’m frustrated. I’ve been nursing myself this whole classics season to get into these races and be with the guys. But this just happens. This happened my first season as a pro, but then I ended up having a pretty nice second part of the season. On the positive end, I’m more motivated. I feel more motivated than I have in a long time to put in effort for the summer. I look forward to the Tour of California and the first stage of the Tour de France. These things excite me.”

Cannondale-Drapac for Paris-Roubaix:
Paddy Bevin (NZL)
Will Clarke (AUS)
Tom Scully (NZL)
Sebastian Langeveld (NDL)
Ryan Mullen (IRL)
Tom Van Asbroeck (BEL)
Dylan Van Baarle (NDL)
Wouter Wippert (NDL)

No comments: